A Digital Way to Take Care of Your Heart’s Needs
Click Links to Learn More
The implementation and strict adherence to guidelines and protocols during this Covid-19 pandemic have made us feel that our lives are being controlled. This has created distance and walls for each one of us. This made us anxious and stressed even for our own health. Thus, Telemedicine is offered to break every wall and distance when it comes to your health.
With this, it allows healthcare professionals to evaluate, diagnose, and give proper treatment using electronic communications. The advantages of telemedicine include:
- Lower cost and budget-friendly
- Accessibility to healthcare is easier.
- Prevent you from contracting an infection or spreading one.
Here in Mobitz Heart and Rhythm Center, we offer the cardiology services that cater to our patient’s needs. Hence, we offer TeleHealth programs that make us care for your heart at your home’s convenience. The benefit of this program includes:
- Consultation to an expert cardiologist or cardiac electrophysiologist at your own convenience
- It promotes caregivers and family members participation
- It allows the ability to conduct and perform heart test such as heart rhythm monitoring at home
- Fewer trips to the doctor’s office or the hospital
- Promotes preventive care that leads to long term health
How does TeleHealth work? Ms. Z is a 60 -year-old woman who has been feeling fast and irregular heartbeats. She is hypertensive and diabetic. She also works full-time and takes care of her family, so she has no time to see a doctor.
After finding of Mobitz Heart TeleHealth program, she requested a consultation with Dr. Nazeri. So, what services can we give her?
Our TeleHealth programs offer these services to take care of Ms. X and your heart’s needs:
- Virtual Visit: An online consultation with Dr. Nazeri about your heart condition at the comfort of your home
- Remote arrhythmias diagnosis and management: We use the state of the art remote heart rhythm monitors to collect the electrocardiogram (EKG) while our patients are doing their routine daily activities.
- Remote Pacemaker and AICD monitoring: To monitor the pacemaker or cardiac defibrillator function remotely. Some may not need to have their devices be checked in the office more than once a year.
- Remote Blood pressure monitoring: This is a home-based approach to control blood pressure. We provide you a digital home blood pressure monitor which will transmit the readings to us automatically. Then we can adjust your medications as needed for blood pressure control.
- Remote Heart Failure monitoring: Those with heart failure are very sensitive to the amount of fluid in their body, which causes fluid build-up and gaining weight. With a digital home scale, it can transmit the readings to us automatically. Then we can adjust your medications as needed for heart failure control.
In Ms. Z’s case, Dr. Nazeri was concerned about her abnormal heart rhythm, which causes her symptoms. A heart monitor was given with instructions, and she wore it for 7 days. She was able to do her day-to-day activities while wearing it and it back to us as instructed.
After reviewing his heart monitor result, Dr. Nazeri diagnosed her with atrial fibrillation (AFib), the most common arrhythmias that increased the risk of stroke by fivefold.
Dr. Nazeri set up another virtual visit with her to discuss the report, her diagnosis and prescribe her medications, such as a blood thinner pill, to lower her stroke risk.